SA (Servants Anonymous) Foundation
Human trafficking affects millions of young women world-wide. It is a business largely run by organized crime that is bigger than the global arms trade. It involves kidnapping, coercion, rape, brutality and targets the defenseless.
The SA Foundation is a faith-based organization responding to the needs of the sexually exploited through love and action. The SA Foundation provides long-term recovery programs to survivors of sexual exploitation (and their children)… and works to prevent human trafficking in countries around the world.
The first SA pilot project was started in Calgary in 1989. In 1995 the SA Foundation was started with a vision to train leaders world-wide on implementing the SA model. (SAS Calgary continues to operate in Calgary as a separate and independent organization. SAF is based in Vancouver and works locally and globally) Today the SA Foundation is based in Vancouver where they have a front line recovery program and the international internship centre - combined. They also oversee seven other projects using the SA model, located in Nepal, Hungary, Greece, Bulgaria and three in Germany. Two additional teams are currently receiving training and mentorship from Ontario Canada and Atlanta, Georgia as well as assessments in other locations.
The SA Foundation also establishes business ventures to help offset it's charitable work:
- Global Wonders jewelry is made by program participants in Nepal and provides training and employment to participants in Nepal and Vancouver
- Firebrand - Ignite Freedom is SAF's t shirt line, equipping people to 'rep the movement' and talk about slavery
SA Foundation will email all donors a separate tax deductible charitable donation receipt.
*SA Foundation is a charitable organization registered in AB and BC, Canada CRA #88900 6177 RR0001 and in the United States Reg #30-0358343. In the United Kingdom supporters may donate through Stewardship via the SA Foundation website.
SA Foundation consistently operates under 6% administration and 6% fundraising costs.
For more on the SA Foundation and its global projects visit www.safoundation.com
Old Guys in Action
Old Guys in Action is a somewhat elastic and eclectic organization of men and women of all ages who come together to make a difference. We do crazy things to raise awareness and funds to support great organizations tackling difficult issues of poverty and injustice.
In past events we have:
- Cycled 500 km through the jungles of Sierra Leone raising funds for CAUSE Canada’s birthing hut program (Sierra Leone has the highest rate of maternal mortality in the world)
- Cycled 300 km through the mountains of Guatemala raising funds for CAUSE Canada’s maternal child health care programs in Central America.
- Run marathons in Toronto, Calgary and Kenya for street kids in Kenya (Mully Children’s Family)
- Got very cold and wet, year after year! The Old Guys in Action Calgary
Icebreaker Polar Dip is now in its 9th year.
Whatever your age or gender, you too can be an Old Guy!
Find out more at OldGuysInAction.com